Tibet Train Tour in 2019/2020
Taking a Tibet train to Lhasa from a China city like Beijing, Xining, Chengdu, Chongqing, Shanghai and Guangzhou, has become a popular way to Tibet with the completion of the world’s highest railway.
Why take a train to Tibet?
1) So far the Qinghai-Tibet Railway is the only railway to Lhasa. As the starting point of Qinghai-Tibet Railway, Xining has become a popular hub for travelers to Tibet. There are many beautiful natural plateau scenery along the way, you could pay a visit to all highlights such as charming Qinghai Lake, vast Qiangtang grassland, unmanned Hoh Xil, beautiful Namtso lake, spectacular Tanggula Mountain ranges.
2) As Tibet located on Qinghai-Tibet Plateau- the Third Pole of the World, the average altitude of Tibet is above 3,000 meters. If you are the first time to travel to high altitude land, you are recommended to take a train to Tibet from a China city, which can help you gradually adapt to high altitude along the train tour.
3) Compared to travel to Tibet by plane, it’s a cheap and convenient way to get to Tibet by train. If you have a budget cost for your Tibet journey, you are suggested to take a train from a China city.
Most Popular Tibet Train Tour Packages
As a great Tibet tour operator based in Lhasa, we offer you affordable China Tibet train tour packages. Though this tour, you will enjoy the sky road to Tibet and explore deeply Tibet- the world’s last pure snow land. You can pick up our designed Tibet tours according to your interests and travel time.
Train to Tibet From Gateway Cities In China
Traveling to Lhasa by train will not only help you gradually adapt to the high altitude, but also you can enjoy a stunning view of the railway plateau. As a local travel gency based in Lhasa, we offer you well-chosen Tibet train tour packages from different gateway cities. For example, if you would like to travel to Tibet from Xining by train, our Xining Tibet train tours are suitable for you. Here, you will find what you want in Tibet Train Tour.
Beijing to Lhasa Train Tour
Shanghai to Lhasa Train Tour
Chengdu to Lhasa Train Tour
Xian to Lhasa Train Tour
Xining to Lhasa Train Tour
Lanzhou to Lhasa Train Tour
Chongqing to Lhasa Train Tour
Guangzhou to Lhasa Train Tour
Frequently asked questions
1 How to Get Tibet Permits to Lhasa?
For foreign tourists who would like to travel to Tibet, you need to get your Tibet Travel Permits as well as China visa. For China visa, you need to apply for it in your home country before the tour starts. For Tibet Travel Permits, we will take care of all necessary Tibet permits after your Tibet tour booked with us. You are suggested to send us your copies of passport and Chinese visa by email at least 12-working days prior to your entry date, so that we can get you all Tibet Permits in time before the tour starts and mail it to your hotel in a Chinese city.
Kindly note: If you enter Tibet from Kathmandu, the capital of Nepal, you don’t have to apply for a Chinese visa in your home country. You are required to get a China Group Visa when you arrive in Kathmandu within 3-working days. We have a nepal partner who can help you get it in Nepal. So don’t worry about it! : )
2 How can I prepare for high altitude adjustment?
As Tibet located on a plateau with the average altitude of 3,600 meters, most people who want to travel in Tibet always worry about high Altitude Sickness. Don’t worry too much! Our customers’ age range from 20 years old to 70 years old, there is no evidence that suggests that age has anything to do with the occurrence of mountain sickness. Here are some tips for high altitude adjustment as follows,
* Travelers with a severe cold, a high fever, acute or chronic pulmonary diseases, and severe cardiovascular diseases should avoid traveling to regions with a high altitude such as Tibet.
*Nifedipinum, Nuodikang Capsules and Suoluomabao Capsules (known as Hongjingtian Capsules in Chinese) can help some people prevent altitude sickness. You are suggested to take them three days before arriving in Tibet.
*To prevent altitude sickness, you are also suggested to have a proper rest when you arrive in Lhasa for the first day. You can have two days in Lhasa with a lower altitude in order to adapt to high altitude, then travel to Everest Base Camp or other high lands in Tibet.
* Our tour guide will take care of you and give some useful tips on how to avoid high altitude sickness on arrival. A bottle of oxygen and first aid kit will be prepared on the vehicle for each person for emergency use. You can drink pretty water every day to prevent altitude sickness. Cigarette shall be forbidden as well as drink alcohol. What’s more, always remember that if you have any problems or feel uncomfortable, please tell your tour guide immediately or contact our travel consultant.
Top Travel Tips About Lhasa
Located on the third people in the world, Tibet, the pure of land is a good destination foAugust 6, 2019
Located on the right side of the Potala Palace in Lhasa, Chakpori Hill has an altitude ofAugust 15, 2019
Drak Yerpa Located in the La Riningbu Mountain, about 20 kilometers northeast of Lhasa, DrAugust 13, 2019
Drepung Monastery- Tour in Lhasa Located on 10 kilometers west of Lhasa City, Drepung MonaAugust 13, 2019
Send us a message and get response within 0.5 ~ 24 hours. Your personal info will be kept confidential.